These two images from a trade journal collection in our library give a glimpse into the world of brewing in the 1930s.
Strong's Romsey Brewery opened its doors to show the trade press its newly designed and extended premises.
The company boasted 600-700 licensed premises and as such needed a larger brewing capacity.
New Brewery was designed by Geo.Adlam & Sons Ltd the well known brewery architects and engineers from Bristol.
It's buildings were equipped with 3 complete brewing plants and used hogsheads and puncheons as their ordinary trade casks.
Extensive cellars were used for storage,bottling and conditioning of Guinness,Worthington and.....Bass.
The Bottlery shown adjoined the brewery where a staggering 9000 bottles were washed per hour.
The Head Brewer in 1931 was a Mr Dewing.
A wealth of industrial & social history recorded and now used by our Volunteer Researchers.